(Job ID: 3-WIL1432211)
H. Wilson Industries (2010) Ltd. is seeking and experienced pipelayer. Reporting to the Foreman the Pipelayer will be responsible for preparing and installing underground pipelines as required.
• Assists other workers with general labour activities during trenching and laying of pipe.
• Work independently completing straight forward tasks as pertaining to the process of laying pipe on line and grade.
• Ensure pipe is properly bedded in granular or native material before backfilling occurs.
• Ensure all work is conducted in a safe and responsible manner.
• Be aware of changes to materials and techniques. Adapt easily to those changes.
• Work with a variety of hand/ power tools used in underground utility, variety of heavy construction equipment and a variety of new and salvage materials.
• Be aware of proper slinging of pipe, manhole barrels, etc. and ensure safe work procedures are followed during lowering of materials into the excavation.
• 3 - 5 years’ experience in underground pipe laying
• Work well independently and in a team environment
• Willing to work long hours and weekends
• Knowledge of pipe laying techniques.
• Valid Class 5 driver’s license with clean Driver's Abstract
Working in a team environment you will enjoy competitive wages, excellent benefits, and opportunities for advancement. Note: We promote a safe work environment with a substance abuse testing program.
Please submit applications/resumes to H. Wilson (2010) Industries, quoting the Job ID: 3-WIL1432211
Online: see online application button below
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected will be contacted for an interview.
Wilson Industries Ltd was incorporated in May 1977, and is located in Fort McMurray, a community within the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo in Northern Alberta. The company operates out of a modern, newly constructed 8,000 square foot building with an adjoining 12,000 square foot shop on 10 acres of land.
This facility is strategically located on busy highway 63, two kilometers north of the city, and has access to all major Oil Sands facilities. Originally a specialty paving company, the organization has evolved to provide additional services including sewer and water installations, excavation, site grading, sand and gravel supply, concrete works and snow clearing services.